Undergrounders
Author: David Skuy
Publisher: Scholastic

BANG!BANG!BANG!
The noise scared me at first, until I turned around and saw this kid in a dark-blue hockey jersey and a black tuque staring at me through the wire mesh that went around the hockey rink. e kid was banging away on the boards with his stick. I was about to flip him the finger and take off when he called to me, "you mind getting our puck?"



14 comments:

  1. This book was really good. It was really sad how Jonathan (a.k.a.Jonny) had to steal and hawk money to stay alive. I'm really glad that in the end everyone forgave him and he went to live with Rick, Alisha, Rasheed and Cynthia and I hope the Rangers win next season!!!!! Go Rangers Go!!! I hate Lewis for getting Jonathan but without the rest wouldn't have happen. I was really surprised when Creeper took that trip down memory lane, recalling his own days playing hockey. I was also surprised that Jonathan was so good at hockey. It was also really sad that Jonathan had to lie, so the "Reggies" wouldn't find out were he lived and why he smelt and why he was always so hungry. ERIC d:l

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is so far my favourite because a boy named jonny doesnt have a family, but it isnt sentemental most of the book because he has no family, jonny lives in a under ground place with many other kids, he then loses his best friend making him reckless so he gets kicked out and gets a life with family that he knew from the hockey team he joined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is beyond amazing!!!I love how you really saw Jonathan's(Jonny's)point of view,how his mom died of cancer,then her boyfriend left him alone and, basically, abandoned him.This book was really sad,but so well-written that I couldn't help but keep reading.I like how Rasheed,Alisha,Rick,and Cynthia were so caring.it's heartbreaking that Jonny has to steal and hawk money to survive,and how he's so different from all the "Reggies",who live healthy,happy lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this book!! I found it hard to imagine what it would be like living on the streets before I read this book, but after I had a better understanding of the hardships "streeters" had, especially in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before reading this book i couldn't imagine what it would be like liveing on the sreets, but after i read it I understood how hard it would be

    ReplyDelete
  6. this book was an alright book. i'm not that fond of hockey but the book was still good, the parts where jonny was stealing really remindid me of hugo. one boy lives underground and one in a train station

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just started to read this book and so far I think it is really good.I look forward to posting about it later on when I finish it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved this book, but in my opinion some parts were very detailed and I kind of lost interest then other parts weren't detailed enough and left me wondering what the thing they're talking about looks like, or what colour it was. But other than that I think that it was an amazing book. I loved the fact that he had his skates and all his hokey gear, and he didn't brag to the other undergrounders about ay of that stuff, not even when they were teasing him for haveing nothing. I really recomend this book, even if you don't like hokey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right that you don't have to like hockey to read this book and `I don't enjoy hockey but this was still a wonderful book.

      Delete
  9. im on the 3rd chapter of this book and i love it! i hope theres a sequel!

    MARK$$$$$$

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book is good because I like hockey and i was about hockey

    I did not get to finsh it but it is still good

    ReplyDelete
  11. i rate this book a 8. i thaught it was realy cool and i loved how the boy (i forgot his name:( ) got people to give money to him

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the undergrounders lol

    ReplyDelete