That Boy RedRachna GilmoreHarper Trophy Canada/Harper Collins Publishers Red had just managed to get that tire rolling at fair clip between the barns when the train whistle shrilled through the air. He stopped dead in his tracks and the tire flopped to the ground in a cloud of red dust. |
I just finished reading this book and it was amazing!My favourite part was when Red met the pilot,and the pilot was anything but what Red expected.Red thought he would be "young and handsome"but he was actually middle-aged and balding.I felt like I was really there ,in the plane,with Red,when Rachna Gilmore described how thrilled Red was feeling,soaring through the air in an airplane.
ReplyDeleteisabeau i found it the exact opposite confusing and gumbled. but with good discription.
ReplyDeleteSome of it I found a bit hard to understand too but in the whole of it I thought it was a really well-written and interesting book. And, yes, it definitely had a good description.
DeleteI think Red was happy that the time had come for the girl (I don't remember the name) to notice him because he was kind of liked her!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI thought that the book was very well thought out and enjoyable because it was easy to follow. So that is why i liked this book " This Boy Red". And it was interesting how Red father got injured but Red follow in what was best so he finished his tobacco boxes
ReplyDeleteI thought that the book was very well thought out and enjoyable because it was easy to follow. So that is why i liked this book " This Boy Red". And it was interesting how Red father got injured but Red follow in what was best so he finished his tobacco boxes
ReplyDeleteThis book is really cool because it takes place during the 1930's, which was when the great depression is. It's cool because you can see how a family lived then
ReplyDeleteHi Everyone, This is me, Rachna Gilmore, the author, checking in to say thanks so much for the comments. So glad you're enjoying the book -- except for the annoymous reply. Isabeau, I'm delighted you liked that part about Red going up in the biplane. I actually went up in one -- yeah, and open cockpit biplane -- so I'd know what Red might feel like, and what he'd see and feel and hear. That was one of the most exciting bits of research I did for this book.
ReplyDeleteKeep reading, and thanks for the comments.
Thank you for your input on the silverbirch blog talking about your book!!!!!!!!!!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how good this book is i felt like i was the main character and when i first picked up this book i couldn't put it down.
ReplyDelete