Mathemagic! Number Tricks

Lynda Colgan, Jane Kurisu
Kids Can Press



If you'er like most people you've probably been outsmarted by one of those '' human calculator'' kwon-it-alls. you kwon the type: the brainiac who can compute answers in her head before you can even say ""multiplication".

20 comments:

  1. i would definitely recommend this book because it shows you cool tricks you can do simply by using math and your head!


    MARK$$$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Mark because although I thought some of the tricks were confusing, I enjoyed the majority of them and would recommend it to people who really like math.

      Delete
  2. this book is great. it shows you how to use math to make magic i highly recommend it because i love math




    KOHEL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecilia & Kyana :)Tuesday, January 10, 2012

    We would recommend this book because, we tried some of these cool trick on others and they seemed amazed because they didn't know how we did those tricks! So that is why we think this book is pretty cool and many people should read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The non-fiction book 'MATHEMAGIC' is a very interesting fact book about math and magic. My favourite were the mind games because they were really interesting, easy to do, and the tricks really do work! I agree with Mark because i would highly recommend this book to others.
    Bernadette :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with mark it teaches you about cool math tricks like a really easy way to do your 9 times tables
    -Breann :op :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first picked up this book I thaugt it would be boring but when i finished it I thaught it was cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book was really good,although I found it very confusing.I tried to do some of the tricks,but I got frustrated because I could not follow what they were trying to do.When I asked my dad for help,he was also confused.Despite that, I found the tricks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed reading this book and I would definitely recommend it. I also agree with Adam 6 that at first I thought this book would be boring but when I started to read it it was the complete opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Again I am saying that this book was really cool because it gave you ways of doing magic. Like they gave you a really cool fact on how to do you 9 times table more easily. That is why I recommend this book to who ever is looking for a good book. I also agree with Isabeau that at time it did get confusing but then I did start to get it. Also i agree with with Adam6 because I did think that the book would be boring, but once I started to read it started being good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book is probably really good for people who love math. It shows math strategies and math tricks, for example, it shows how you can do the 9 multiplication tables on your fingers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!!! When I saw it, I didn't think it would work but when I tried it, it actually worked!!!!!

      Delete
  11. Absolutely, looking at math in different ways is awesome! Thomas introduced me to ancient mayan multiplication last week. It's great to learn interesting ways of looking at and thinking about math.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought that the book was great because i tried some of the tricks on my cousin and it blew her away by how much it worked. And i would probably like to see a another book that gets people learning and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this book and ecpecially the first page because i loved how the nine times tables are so easy now and its like its magic.
    evan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this book and ecpecially the first page because i loved how the nine times tables are so easy now and its like its magic.
    evan

    ReplyDelete
  15. For me sometimes I don't get all the multiplication questions so this book helped. Because Anna tought me a trick for my 9 times tables so this was just some back ground knowelged.

    AZARA

    ReplyDelete
  16. for me this would be realy helpful but i don't rember much and i like to do math on paper and the origanal way.

    lillian

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought this book was very good because it showed me how to do tricks I've never known of before, I tried some of the number tricks on my parents, but learning them was a bit confusing - and frustrating. But these helpful number tricks are useful and really cool!!!


    _Xaviera_

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think this was the best book i have ever read that has to do with math because of some of the ricks i tried it out on my dad and he thought i was cheating. S o than i let him do it on me and it was the same result that he got which mad him really happy to see me enjoying something that relates to math. This is why i liked this book so much. When i was done the book i said to myself wow who would have thought i would like something that involves math. I really hope that Lynda Colgan and Jane Kurisu make another book like the book MATHEMAGIC! NUMBER TRICKS.

    ReplyDelete