Who Wants Pizza? The Kids’ Guide to the History, Science & Culture of FoodJan ThornhillMaple Tree Press Everyone loves pizza, but there's a lot more to this gooey treat that meets the eye - or mouth! That stretchy cheese, tangy tomato sauce, zingy pepperoni all have an exciting story to tell. |
this is micah and kioni we think that this is a very interesting because it tells us about things we didn't know
ReplyDeleteWho Wants Pizza is a very interesting book that holds lots of information on
ReplyDeletethe culture/history of food. Parts of it was disturbing, when the pictures showed how the food was made and what they did to animals.
Who Wants Pizza is a very interesting book,with lots of great facts.Although this is a good book,with lots of detail,some parts disturbed me when they explained when food was made.
ReplyDeleteAs I said before, I thought this was a very interesting book and most of the facts were very cool, but in the parts where they showed how animals are made into food I think they should have done a bit warning for what they were going to show to me.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Portia and Isabeau the book was filled with lots of great facts , but at times it was very disturbing. But either way I think this was a great book and I recommend it to may people and hope they like it just as much as I did.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Cecelia because some of the pictures are really disturbing and weird. Also another thing is that some of the food I eat was in the book and was uncovered and when people talk about what certain foods are and what it comes from it makes me not want to eat it because of what the bacon is made from some one told me once that bacon comes from pig but and that really made me feel uncomfortable and it made me not want to eat it which was hard for me because before I knew this I really enjoyed eating it. That’s what confuses me when something comes from an animals body part that is gross but yet it is so good that is what really puzzles me so if I could talk to the author I would ask her if she knows why something comes from an animals body part that is gross but the food tastes good and what made you think about writing this book and did someone inspire you to writ it.
ReplyDeleteAlthough it was a really good book, some things, like what Alex and many other people said, I felt should not be in the book because I thought i took away from my enjoyment of the book.
DeleteOne part of the text I thought was very interesting was when the author discribed how people make all our favourite sweets like ice cream and candy. It was very interesting
ReplyDeletediscovering out how people don't make most sweets the way I thought they did so that was very exiting for me to discover.-PORTIA
I agree. That was one of my favourite parts in the book.
DeleteThis book made me hungry as well as grossed out, this is because it would show yummy pizza and stuff from the human body
ReplyDeleteI liked this book because they show you the inside story of pizza and other food that probally never even knew about. But when you read this book you get inside scoop of pizza.
ReplyDeleteI thought this book was pretty cool, since it gave many different facts about food, the history behind it, science related to food, etc. Learning about how energy used to make food, the different ingredients put into my food, and other various things this book explained about has given me a lot to think about and reconsider when finding and choosing which foods I should eat.
ReplyDeleteBefore I read this book, I didn't know that alot of people were cannibals and practiced cannibalism!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete